Effective December 6, 2022
O. Venity, Inc. (“Company”) and its authorized distributors and resellers of Good Lines®branded products (“Resellers”) have made and continue to make significant investments in the research, manufacture, distribution, and marketing of innovative, high-quality products. These ongoing investments are vital to maintaining the superior reputation and competitiveness of our products. To avoid degradation of, or damage to, the premium quality and image of our products and to the trademarks, service marks, brands or trade names under which those products are sold, we have adopted the following unilateral Minimum Advertised Price Policy (“Policy”) for all Good Lines®branded products marketed in the United States, Canada and Mexico (“Covered Products”). Although Resellers remain free to set their own resale prices for Covered Products, all Resellers are required to comply with this Policy, which may be amended from time to time.
- Minimum Advertised Price.Company, in its discretion, will not do business with Resellers that publicly advertise any Covered Product at a price lower than Company’s then-current Manufacturer’s Suggested Resale Price (“MSRP”). This Policy does not establish maximum advertised prices nor does it require any specific prices to be advertised.
This Policy applies to advertisements in the United States, Canada and Mexico and its territories of any Covered Product in any and all media, including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, product listings, public signage, and any form of electronic media including websites, forums, email newsletters, email solicitations, television, and radio. “Advertisement” also includes prices displayed in an online shopping “cart,” “bag” or the like prior to the customer entering personal information to initiate a sales transaction.
Each Reseller is responsible for reviewing all advertisements before publication to ensure compliance with this Policy. Any public advertisement of any Covered Product that results in a Net Price that is below the Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”) for such Covered Product is a violation of this Policy, including advertising two or more Covered Products for sale together at a Net Price that is less than the combined MAPs for each Covered Product. “Net Price” is defined as the displayed price less the value of any advertised discounts or instant rebates on a Covered Product, whether such reduction is expressed in terms of specific dollar amounts or more generally described as a reduction from MAP or the Reseller’s advertised selling price.
It is a violation of this Policy for a Reseller’s advertising to state or imply that lower prices are available by contacting the Reseller or that lower prices will be visible at online checkout by the use of phrases such as, “Click here for lower price,” “Call or email for lower price,” “Add to cart for lower price,” “See price in cart,” and similar language.
- Exemptions. This Policy does not apply to the following:
- Wholesale Distribution/Multiple Outlets. Resellers engaging in wholesale sales or distribution of any Covered Product (if expressly permitted in writing by Company) must provide a copy of this Policy to their wholesale customers, who shall also be considered Resellers for purposes of this Policy.
Each Reseller is required to disclose to Company the names and locations of all e-commerce websites and physical retail locations owned, operated, or controlled by that Reseller. A violation of this Policy by one website or store owned, operated, or controlled by a Reseller shall be treated as a violation of the Policy by all other websites and stores under common ownership, operation, or control by that Reseller.
- Policy Enforcement. We may monitor advertised prices of Covered Products, either directly or via the use of third parties. In the event that we determine that a Reseller has violated this Policy, we will take appropriate action, including but not limited to the following:
- Reservation of Rights.We reserve the right to choose the Resellers with which we will do business, to discontinue selling any or all Covered Products to any Reseller without notice, and to revoke any previously granted license to use our intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, or copyrighted product photographs or images, at any time and for any reason that we determine in our sole discretion to be in our best interest, to the full extent permitted by applicable law.
- Contact Information. Our representatives and employees are not authorized to modify or renegotiate any aspect of this Policy, nor are they authorized to seek or accept any assurances of any Reseller’s future compliance with the Policy. All inquiries regarding this Policy should be directed in writing to:
Although O. Venity will in most circumstances be able to receive your communications, we do not guarantee that we will receive such communications timely and accurately and shall not be legally obligated to read, act on, or respond to any such email or other information. Be aware that your email communications to us may not be secure and will not be treated as confidential.